For doodle inspiration, buy Disney/Pixar’s Finding Dory on Vudu and check out the bonus feature called “Skating and Sketching with Jason Deamer." Enter by 10/31/16
Terms & Conditions:
#VUDUdoodle Finding Dory Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: To be eligible for the “VUDU #VUDUdoodle Finding Dory Contest” (“Contest”), as of the start of the Contest Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) have reached the age of majority in their state of residence and be at least eighteen (18) years old, (iii) have a valid Twitter.com and VUDU.com account, and (iv) Internet access.
Officers, directors and employees of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., VUDU, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and their partners, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc.
2. Sponsor: VUDU, Inc., a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 600 West California Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94086.
3. Timing: The Contest starts on October 23, 2016 at 12pm Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on October 31st, 2016 at 11:59pm PT (the “Contest Period”). The Contest will consist of one entry per period.
The Sponsor’s computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
4. How it works: Eligible persons can enter any time during the Contest Period via Twitter.com. To enter, please do the following:
Each entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person assigned to the Twitter.com account associated with the entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST IS LIMITED TO ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple accounts. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.” The odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of Eligible Entries received and the skill of the entrants. Your entry will not be valid unless it (a) meets the criteria described above, (b) meets the Entry Requirements and Restrictions described below, and (c) is posted during the Contest Period. Sponsor has no liability for any failed entries for any reason.
5. Entry Requirements and Restrictions: Once submitted, an entry cannot be deleted, canceled or modified. The entrant is responsible for all costs associated with submitting an entry. In the event that more than one of the same entry is submitted, only the first submission received shall be accepted. In order to be eligible, entries must actually be received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period. Entries received by the Sponsor before the start of the Contest Period or after the end of the Contest Period are VOID. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed by Sponsor to constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, do not provide the required information, or do not abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or using any e-mail address other than the entrant’s, or submitted at any other website, including, without limitation, commercial Contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified.Entrants represent and warrant that their submitted doodle is the original work of the entrant (or their minor children), has not been previously published, has not won previous awards, and does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity and must have been created in a legal and safe manner. If the doodle contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant (or their minor children) or provided by the Sponsor, and/or are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the doodle by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness releases for any person who appears in or is identifiable in the doodle (collectively, the “Clearances”). By submitting an entry, an entrant warrants and represents that he or she consents to the submission and use of the doodle in the Contest.
Entries may not contain any image or depiction of the following: (i) materials which include or constitute trademarks, trade names or copyrighted works created or owned by any person or entity other than entrant or for which the entrant has obtained owner’s written permission to use (Sponsor’s discretion); (ii) materials bearing profanities, or bearing the name or likeness of any celebrity, living or dead; (iii) materials which contain visible identifiable or potentially identifiable information, including but not limited to, phone numbers, website links, street addresses, e-mail addresses or license plate numbers; (iv) inappropriate behavior for a general audience; (v) any depiction of real or simulated sexual acts; (vi) violence in any form; (vii) materials which violate anyone’s reasonable privacy expectations, violate any known agreement, or which are defamatory in nature; (viii) materials which are derogatory to Sponsor, or any affiliated entity or person; (ix) materials which are discriminatory based on race, religion, national origin, physical disability, age, sex, or sexual orientation or preference; (x) materials in which any person identifiably appears unless entrant has obtained an appropriate written release from such person granting all rights required herein; and, (xi) materials which do not comply with all other requirements in these Official Rules. Entries that do not conform to these guidelines will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entry which Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines to be inconsistent with the letter or spirit of the Official Rules or potentially damaging to its, the Contest’s, or another’s image or reputation.
6. Winner Selection and Prize:
At the end of the Contest Period, a judge(s) chosen by Sponsor will evaluate all Eligible Entries according to the following criteria:
The Eligible Entry with the highest score, according to the above criteria, will be designated the potential winner. The judge’s decisions are final and binding. NOTE: Potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver the prize, the prize may not be re-awarded.
The prize will consist of (1) Sketch of Dory signed by Jason Deamer; one (1) copy of the “Art of Finding Dory” Book; one (1) Beach Bag; one (1) Hat; one (1) Mouse Pad; one (1) Notebook; one (1) Coloring Set Vinyl Case; one (1) Foldable Beach Mat; one (1) Child-size T-Shirt; one (1) Adult-size T-Shirt; one (1) Kids Beach Towel; and one (1) Wrist Watch (collectively, the “Prize”). Only one (1) Prize will be awarded. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $250. Odds of winning depend on number of Eligible Entries and the skill of the entrants. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the prize or any portion of the prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Actual retail value of prize may differ from stated ARV and Sponsor will not award any difference between actual value and ARV. Actual prize may differ from any promotional images. Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state, or local taxes associated with prize acceptance. Winners are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a Prize.
7. Claiming a Prize: @vudufans will direct message the potential winner immediately following winner selection to provide information on how to collect the Prize. Failure to respond to the contact within seventy-two (72) hours or failure to accept the Prize may result in the selection of an alternate potential winner. Where permitted by law, potential prize winners may be required to submit a publicity release and limitation of liability. Failure to complete such documents may also result in the selection of an alternate potential winner in the manner described above. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, entry and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Prizes will be fulfilled within 30 days after end of Contest Period. Sponsor takes no responsibility for damaged goods upon transportation, nor does Sponsor takes responsibility for any injuries that occur upon handling of the received item. Prize winner releases Sponsor, and its affiliates, partners, employees, officers, and agents, Twitter and its affiliates, partners, employees, officers and agents, from all claims arising out of the use of such attributes.
8. Disqualifications: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest at any time in its sole discretion. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest with no liability of any kind.
9. Warranty/Intellectual Property License: By submitting an entry, each entrant: 1) irrevocably grants Sponsor a royalty-free non-exclusive license throughout the world to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish in whole or in part, edit, add to, modify, and rearrange the entry in whatever media, including without limitation edit, rearrange, and/or copy the entry for use in the Contest of Sponsor's products and services, without further permission, consideration or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited; 2) warrants and represents that the entry is entirely the original creation/work of the entrant and that use of the entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights, title, claim or interest of any third party; and 3) certify that entrant is the creator and sole copyright owner of the entry.
10. Release/Limitation of Liability: Sponsor and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; inability to access Twitter; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. By entering, all entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Twitter, Inc., Sponsor and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or their receipt or use of any Prize awarded in this Contest or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest. Any and all warranties and guarantees with respect to any Prize are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms. Sponsor has no liability of any kind with respect to any winner’s use or enjoyment of any Prized awarded. Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest and likewise has no liability to any participants with respect to this Contest.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in California. By participating in this Contest all entrants expressly consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising from or relating this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
12. Publicity: By participating in the Contest, entrants grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name and state or province and/or country, statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights, except where prohibited by law.
13. Winner List: Beginning on or about a week after the end of the Contest Period, the name of the winner of the Contest may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope indicating the Contest for which the name of the winner is sought, to: VUDU #VUDUdoodle Finding Dory ContestWinners List: 600 West California Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94086.
15. Contest Sponsor: VUDU, Inc. 600 West California Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94086 (“Sponsor”).
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or Sponsorship of the Contest. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.